My Christian Art and T-Shirt ministry. All proceeds got to promoting the Gospel in Conroe, TX

Monday, December 1, 2008

My First Blog!

Welcome to the 21st century. This is all pretty new to me but thanks to Joley, I am very excited about being able to record my thoughts and the happenings of our day to day lives. Our family in ministry and through the foster/adoption process. I feel like Doogie Howser.

The Cavalry Mobile Ministry is slowly building back up and we hope and pray to have a wonderful spring. Our prayer is that we can find some local churches that will be willing to partner with us to reach their communities for Christ. I have to be completely honest I do miss the fast paced ministry that we were involved this past year. I also agree with Joley that we need to slow down and even the Lord rested on the 7th day. However, I can not ignore this overwhelming need to preach. I believe that the Lord's return is close. I am not some weirdo that is going to sell everything and sit on hill looking for the clouds to roll back and the trump to sound. I am just burdened to be about the Father's business. I am not sure what that means for me just yet. I have always said that I am not a pastor. However, There is lingering thought that I have in the back of my mind placed there from a conversation with Bro. Michael Heuermann. We were talking about ministry and he said that there are a lot of churches right now that need Godly men to lead them. I am licensed, ordained, called to preach and and I try to live a Godly life that would honor the Lord. So why not? Am I a pastor? If I am, I am not a cookie cutter suit and tie kinda guy. (no offense to you suit and tie guys) Pray for wisdom for me as we approach this next year and what the Lord would have in store for our family.

I Have also been working with New Birth Ministries. New Birth is a Bible based drug rehab program in the heart of Conroe. I have had the opportunity to preach monthly on Sunday mornings. Bro. Charles and Denise have a wonderful calling and an extremely difficult mission ahead of them. Please pray for their continued efforts for the cause of Christ.

The story in John 4 of the Samaritan woman has been on my mind and in my sermons for months. I just see a complete picture of the gospel. One of the nuggets from scripture is in vs. 4 when the Bible said that Jesus must needs go through Samaria. There was a need to go because there was a woman and eventually a whole community that would hear the Gospel and be changed. I was thinking about that moment when Jesus thought, today I must needs go through Samaria not for a woman at the well but for Jerry Vineyard. I see this woman changed after an encounter with the Savior and then tell everyone she meets about who she met and how she was forgiven. Then we see something amazing happen, the whole town comes to see Jesus for themselves because of the witness of this woman. Jesus stayed for two days. I ask myself sometimes, What have I done for the cause of Christ in the last two days?

On the home front Olivia is about the best daughter a father could ask for. Joley and I joke all the time about the fact that we do not know how we raised Olivia with out Olivia's help. She has been AMAZING help taking care of the boys. I was thinking today on the way to work that she is growing so fast and I do not want to miss anything. One of the greatest things that I ever did was quiting coaching. She is so beautiful and I think she might be smarter than Joley. ( HA HA) I am going to be in trouble for that one. Gabe (aka Smiley) and Tripp (aka Bubba) are beautiful growing, eating, pooping little men. We know that Gabe is going to be leaving at some point. February possibly so please pray that God's will would be done as the family placement approaches. Tripp on the other hand could be the one. If we can make it to January 5th's court date without random supposed relatives coming out of the woodwork we think that the judge will open it up for us to become his forever family. Joley and I both continue to experience the roller coaster of emotions as we get closer to his court date. Please pray for us and Tripp.

1 comment:

mheuermann said...

This is a great idea, Jerry. I'm glad Joley got you onto it.